Does everyone have to register to participate?
- YES, anyone that wants to do the 5k Run or Walk or the FUN Walk needs to be registered, sign a waiver and wear a bib the day of the event.
Is there a registration deadline?
- Online registration will remain open until the event begins
- Price for 5k Run or Walk increases to $40 on Event Day - Saturday, June 16
What if I’m out of town on June 16 or I live in a different area?
- You can register as a Virtual Participant to run or walk anytime and anywhere that is convenient for you
- Pay a registration fee, create a fundraising page and we’ll mail you an official event shirt
Can I let someone else take my place in the 5k Run or Walk?
- Bibs are assigned and classified by gender and age for purposes of medal placement
- You can transfer your bib number to another participant, but you must do so officially with the ASGA office so that the race results remain accurate
- Medals awarded in a variety of age categories
How do I pick up my registration packet?
- There are NO bundled team packets this year.
- Individual Participants and Team Captains can pick up packets on Friday, June 15 from 10 AM – 2 PM at Firestone Stadium or beginning at 7:30 AM on Saturday, June 16
- Team Captains can pick up individual packets for your team members; however, they will not be bundled, so please plan to stay a few extra minutes.
What do I do with offline donations such as checks and cash?
- For donations taken offline, please turn your cash into a check
- Checks are made payable to Autism Society of Greater Akron and mailed to 703 S. Main Street, Akron OH 44311
- Use this Donation Form to send to people that want to donate to your team, but don't want to do it online
- Use this Donation Tracking Form to track your donations and confirm your thank you notes
- When donations are received, they will be entered into the system, assigned to your team and you will get an email confirmation
What is the deadline to turn in donations and qualify for an event shirt?
- Donations must be posted online or received at the ASGA Offices by Monday, June 11 to qualify for an event shirt. Donations received after this date are subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day.
- Donations are accepted at Pre-Registration on Friday at Firestone Stadium from 10 AM - 2 PM or at Registration on Saturday beginning at 7:30 AM and will apply to Individual and Team fundraising prizes.
What is the deadline for donations for Individual and Team fundraising prizes?
- Donations must be posted online or received at the ASGA Offices by July 31, 2018.
- Donations are accepted at Pre-Registration on Friday at Firestone Stadium from 10 AM - 2 PM or at Registration on Saturday beginning at 7:30 AM. Note: Donations on these days may not qualify for an event shirt. The deadline for event shirts is Monday, June 11 at 5 PM with all donations after that date subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day.
- Prizes will be awarded at the 9th Annual Autism 5k Run & Walk Kick Off Celebration in February, 2019.
Do I get an official event shirt?
- 5k Runners & Walkers receive an event shirt with their registration fee if registered by June 11. Registrations received after this date are subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day.
- FUN Walkers raise $50 to receive an event shirt
- DEADLINE for fundraising for event shirts is Monday, June 11. Donations received after this date are subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day, but will qualify for Individual and Team fundraising prizes.
My team didn't raise enough money for every participant to have a shirt.
- Team Captains should contact ASGA HERE to designate who receives a shirt based on the funds raised
- An example: A team of 4 needs to raise $400 to receive 4 shirts
Where can I park the day of the event?
What is the course like for the 5k Run and Walk?
- 5k Run and Walk - Coming Soon!
What is the course like for the One Mile Fun Walk?
- One Mile Fun Walk - Coming Soon!
EVENT DAY ACTIVITIES
Can I sign up to become a member of the Autism Society of Greater Akron?
- YES, You can sign up online HERE and you will receive a special MEMBER Button to wear the day of the event as well as special recognition
- You can sign up the day of the event too at the ASGA vendor table
Can I purchase autism awareness items?
- YES, You can purchase ribbon lanyards, an official race magnet for your car, autism buttons, ribbon keychains, magnets and pins
What is the entertainment?
- Music by Beach Boyz Entertainment
- Kid's Zone
- 50/50 Raffle by the Akron Pilot Club
- Inflatables by Romp n Stomp
- Resource Fair
Are strollers allowed?
- YES, strollers and wagons are permitted - Skateboards and bikes are not
- Course is wheelchair friendly but not ADA approved