Does everyone have to register to participate?
- YES, anyone that wants to do the 5k Run or Walk or the FUN Walk needs to be registered, sign a waiver and wear a bib the day of the event.
Do I have to register my young child for the 5k run or 5k walk and pay a registration fee?
- Medals are awarded for 17 different age categories including age 7 and under
- Anyone wanting to compete for an award must register and pay the registration fee so they are timed
Do I have to register my child in a stroller?
- You do not have to register your child; however you must stop by the Registration table to get a bib and sign a waiver on their behalf
Is there a registration deadline?
- Online registration will remain open until the event begins
- Price for 5k Run or Walk increases to $40 on Event Day - Saturday, June 16
Is there same day on-site registration?
- YES, you can register at Firestone Stadium on Friday, June 15 from 10am - 2pm or on Saturday, June 16 beginning at 7:30am
- You can register online or via your smart phone up until 8:45 am on Event Day but you will need to go to the "Pre-Registered" table at Registration to pick up your bib and t-shirt (if applicable)
What if I’m out of town on June 16 or I live in a different area?
- You can register as a Virtual Participant to run or walk anytime and anywhere that is convenient for you
- Pay a registration fee, create a fundraising page and we’ll mail you an official event shirt
Can I let someone else take my place in the 5k Run or Walk?
- Bibs are assigned and classified by gender and age for purposes of medal placement
- You can transfer your bib number to another participant, but you must do so officially with the ASGA office so that the race results remain accurate
- Medals awarded in a variety of age categories
How do I pick up my registration packet?
- There are NO bundled team packets this year.
- Individual Participants and Team Captains can pick up packets on Friday, June 15 from 10 AM – 2 PM at Firestone Stadium or beginning at 7:30 AM on Saturday, June 16
- Team Captains can pick up individual packets for your team members; however, they will not be bundled, so please plan to stay a few extra minutes.
- We ENCOURAGE you to pick up your packet on Friday. If you do, there is NO NEED to go to the Registration area on Saturday morning. You can arrive and take advantage of the activities!
What do I do with offline donations such as checks and cash?
- For donations taken offline, please turn your cash into a check
- Checks are made payable to Autism Society of Greater Akron and mailed to 703 S. Main Street, Akron OH 44311
- Use this Donation Form to send to people that want to donate to your team, but don't want to do it online
- Use this Donation Tracking Form to track your donations and confirm your thank you notes
- When donations are received, they will be entered into the system, assigned to your team and you will get an email confirmation
What is the deadline to turn in donations and qualify for an event shirt?
- Donations must be posted online or received at the ASGA Offices by Monday, June 11 to qualify for an event shirt. Donations received after this date are subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day.
- Donations are accepted at Pre-Registration on Friday at Firestone Stadium from 10 AM - 2 PM or at Registration on Saturday beginning at 7:30 AM and will apply to Team fundraising prizes.
- If you turn in donations after June 11 and qualify for a shirt, you will be given a ticket at the "Donation Table". You can then check back post event to see what sizes are available, if any.
What is the deadline for donations for fundraising prizes?
- Donations must be posted online or received at the ASGA Offices by July 31, 2018.
- Donations are accepted at Pre-Registration on Friday at Firestone Stadium from 10 AM - 2 PM or at Registration on Saturday beginning at 7:30 AM. Note: Donations on these days may not qualify for an event shirt. The deadline for event shirts is Monday, June 11 at 5 PM with all donations after that date subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day.
- Grand Club benefits apply to teams wih donations submitted by June 11.
Do I get an official event shirt?
- 5k Runners & Walkers receive an event performance shirt with their registration fee if registered by June 11. Registrations received after this date are subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day.
- FUN Walkers raise $50 to receive an event shirt
- DEADLINE for fundraising for event performance shirts is Monday, June 11. Donations received after this date are subject to quantities and sizes available on Event Day, but will qualify for Individual and Team fundraising prizes.
My team didn't raise enough money for every participant to have a shirt.
- Team Captains should contact ASGA HERE to designate who receives a shirt based on the funds raised
- An example: A team of 4 needs to raise $400 to receive 4 shirts
- Number of shirts provided based on fundraising can not exceed the number of team members.
Can I exchange my t-shirt for a different size?
- Shirts are ordered based on sizes recorded on the registration form
- You are welcome to check back post event to see if t-shirts are left and can exchange at that time
Can I purchase last year's shirt?
- Shirts from the prior year will be on sale for $5 each at the ASGA vendor table next to Registration
NOTE: NO Parking on Firestone Parkway between Wilbeth Road and Firestone Blvd. This road will be closed beginning at 7:00 a.m. to accommodate walkers entering the event.
Parking is available in the following areas:
Bridgestone Americas Parking Garage: Corner of Main Street & Firestone Blvd
Richard’s Fence Parking Lot: Intersection of Firestone Parkway and Firestone Blvd
Street Parking Available
- Firestone Blvd between Main Street and Firestone Parkway
- Firestone Parkway north of Firestone Blvd
What is the course like for the 5k Run and Walk?Course begins on Wilbeth Rd at Hackberry St. Head west on Wilbeth Rd and then cut left on Wilbeth Trailhead Towpath. After approximately a mile on the towpath, u-turn at the 277 overpass at Ley Dr. Return north on the towpath and then exit right onto Wilbeth Rd. Finish on Firestone Pkwy at Firestone Stadium.
NOTE: 5k Walkers are asked to WALK the course! Awards are based on time, so if you alternate between running and walking, you are CHEATING! Please respect the rules and the spirit of the event. Course marshals will monitor the course and disqualify any 5k walker seen running the course!
What is the course like for the One Mile Fun Walk?Course begins on Wilbeth Rd at Hackberry St. Head west for approximately a half mile until course marshals signal a u-turn. Head back east on Wilbeth Rd and finish on Firestone Pkwy at Firestone Stadium.
EVENT DAY ACTIVITIES
Can I sign up to become a member of the Autism Society of Greater Akron?
- YES, You can sign up online HERE and you will receive a special MEMBER Button to wear the day of the event as well as special recognition
- You can sign up the day of the event too at the ASGA vendor table
Can I purchase autism awareness items?
- YES, You can purchase ribbon lanyards, an official race magnet for your car, autism buttons, ribbon keychains, magnets and pins
Are there any contests?
- Best t-shirt design
- Largest individual team
- Largest corporate team
What is the entertainment?
- Music by Beach Boyz Entertainment
- Pettin Zoo by Catalyst Farms
- Kid's Zone
- 50/50 Raffle by the Akron Pilot Club
- Inflatables by Romp n Stomp
- Resource Fair
Are strollers allowed?
- YES, strollers and wagons are permitted - Skateboards and bikes are not
- Course is wheelchair friendly but not ADA approved
Are dogs allowed?
- NO, pets are not allowed at Firestone Stadium due to field maintenance. Sorry for any inconvenience.